I've decided that I don't do enough writing on this blog. I need to do a better job of chronicling the cute things my boys do. Especially Jordan. He is at that age where he is really showing his personality and his tendencies toward particular interests.
On that note, he loves cars. He will be three in a few weeks and he can already identify cars by make and model as we are driving down the road. For instance, my sister has a black Altima and every time we pass an Altima, if it's black, he'll say, "Mommy, that's Auntie's car," and if it's not black, he'll say, "Mommy, that's like Auntie's car." He can spot a Dodge Durango (my car) from just about anywhere and he loves his daddy's Jeep. But he really threw me for a loop the other day. I have known for a while that he knows what car all of the teachers at his school drive. We'll pull in the parking lot and he'll say, "there's Ms. ___'s car." I have also known that he is obsessed with his Auntie's boyfriend's Ford truck. I had no idea he had quite the attention to detail that he does though - the other day, we pulled up to the school and had this conversation:
Jordan: "Mommy, there's Whitney's car (referring to the Ford Explorer parked beside us). It has a tank like Lucas's truck."
Me: "A tank? What are talking about Jordan?"
Jordan: "They have the same tank. You don't have it mommy."
Me: "Jordan I don't know what you're calling a tank."
Jordan (as we are getting out of my Durango): "Come here, I'll show you."
Jordan walks around to the back of the Ford Explorer and points to the Ford emblem. "See Mommy, it has the same tank as Lucas's truck."
He recognized by the very small Ford emblem on the back of the Explorer, that Whitney's vehicle is the same make as Lucas's truck, and that mine, a Dodge, was different. Maybe I'm just a mom who thinks her kid is really smart, but I really do think that's pretty unbelievable. Scary and a little weird might be a better description.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment